View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
notorious9i6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 433974
Lightbulb Android Head Unit Comprehensive Review/Guide (Works with Iphone and other phones)

Hey guys i'm not stranger when it comes to the android head unit. There have been many iterations and i have gone through all of them. I have the opportunity to test the older units and now the current 2018 models. Each step of the way, the units have been more refined and ever since the "Android 7.1.2", it's been super stable.

A theme you can have on your android head unit, there are many options. Limitless

This unit supports all phones, including Apple and Android. Features like Android Auto, and Apple Car play work on current models.

The Unit I have is the latest at the time Android 8.0: https://www.seicane.com/2014-2015-20...1afc51c7c6ad26

It supports great features like GPS (Offline support), Bluetooth, Wi-fi, Smart Phone like touch screen, Expand ability, MicroSD, Steering wheel controls, car play, android auto and of course many more. Too much at times!

If you prefer a video, i made a video of the overall interface and my thoughts on the unit.

I'm going to list some of the pros and cons of these Android Head Units.

PROS:
-Design wise it's better than any aftermarket solution.
-Much faster, like 100 times faster than the oem unit.
-You can install google play store apps.
-Okay Google for anything
-Sounds better than stock
-Boots very fast
-Reverse Camera
-Plug and play install
-Reverse Camera works, USB Compatible
-Steering wheel controls work
-Inexpensive for what it is, Great Value especially considering all of the harness it comes with.
-Set your own launchers (design for your dash). You can make your car look like a lexus interface, etc. You can add your own backgrounds, etc.
-GPS is actually really good without using gps.
-Spotify on your headunit, Torque, Pandora apps are super nice looking through the headunit.

CONS:
-Instructions from the manufacture isn't the best. Guides on my channel for this.
-Wi-fi is only 2.4 ghz band
-Reverse Camera quality is a little bit worst (Not terrible), even though it's use the oem camera. Possibility because it's being stretch to a bigger screen
-Sometimes overwhelming in features
-Screen is more glossy, makes for great vibrant colors but it's more reflective. Requires cleaning
-not plug and play for 2016+ models with haman kardon package

This is honestly my favorite mod on my car. AND I have a lot of mods. It suits my needs, and honestly is something people always ask about at meets. I know there are some people who flame and hate on these things but all the locals and a lot of people love them. I figure people just flame from maybe a bad experience or just because they have a strong perspective on Pioneer, Sony, etc.

Where to buy and parts you may need.

This is the unit i have, https://www.seicane.com/2014-2015-20...1afc51c7c6ad26

It contains everything i needed but it needed usb adapters to retain my factory ones.

For 2016-2019: https://www.amazon.com/Metra-Electro...language=en_US

A video of it using Apple Car play with an iphone:

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do what i can to help. I will continue you update this thread. I can create a faqs section. Ask away
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
notorious9i6 is offline   Reply With Quote