Papi Chulo

Member#: 53794
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
... 2017 BMW M2
2017 F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
Yeah there's many a thread on the GM forums about leaky magrides. My brother's are starting to go on his 17 ZL1 at 30k miles and my rears are going out at 34k. They said leave it in "Sport" or the middle setting and you'll get lots of life out of them. Nope. Replacements are $350 per corner IF you can find them, and GM has managed to make these awesome little PITA harnesses that you almost have to destroy to connect the magride to the car.

If you go coilovers (which I guess I'll have to here soon), you'll need the magride deletes which run $400+ to fool the car's computer into thinking you have it still or you get all kinds of neat CELs and it'll default to "Touring" affecting the steering, brakes, bi-modal exhaust etc. Yay GM quality.

So a 1LT Z51 C8 is just a few $k more than a ZL1 1LE..hmm..
How much is an extended warranty? Id probably just opt for an extended warranty so if the suspension goes out, drive it in for replacement. Id have to imagine a good set of street coil overs for this car will run $4k plus. I guess you could always cheap out but that would be a shame.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
godfather2112 is offline   Reply With Quote