View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 12:42 AM   #23
skier55
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505156

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
you need to get everything out of there - my concern would be how did this happen? there looks to be a decent amount of deformation of the plug - if this happened during install, then they were really overtorqued. Using an easy-out/bolt extractor might work, but you need to be really careful - if you damage the threads in the head, then you'll be in even worse shape.
It was during the installation. I think I overtorqued it a little bit.

Should I just take it to a shop? They would probably extract it with an easy out and if that doesn't work pull the head (aka more or less a head gasket repair).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
Just curious, but where did you source the plugs? there are counterfeit NGK plugs out there which are known to be causing problems... the iridescent/non-uniform finish to the plating is one of the things that's been noted to be typical of counterfeits...

google "fake NGK" and you'll get lots of info
Yeah, I bought them from Amazon and they were gapped incorrectly. That should have been my first sign that these plugs were counterfeit. Lesson learned.

I got my money back and promptly picked up 4 genuine ones from Autozone for when this issue gets resolved.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by skier55; 08-18-2019 at 01:00 AM.
skier55 is offline   Reply With Quote