Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
17 Imp Spurt
00 S2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
I'm fairly certain that the engineers on the Corvette project are better at picking springs and dampers for this car than Trevor at GoFasturd Speed Shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepBoop View Post
I'm fairly certain that the engineers of the corvette also have a standard of NVH that is somewhere above what an actual racecar is, let alone what a lot of "hard-core" boy racers can stomach as far as ride height and stiffness. They still have to cater to their prime demographic of Grandpa Flatass, after all.

Also, have you seen the engineering work a lot of aftermarket parts providers put in?
I know they build these cars in Bowling Green, but quite a few make it up to Detroit/Warren. How many of you have driven near/around the surface roads around the GM Tech Center in Warren MI? I have, many times. Mound, Van Dyke and all the other roads... SUCK. S-U-C-K. I swear they pay the towns/cities to NOT resurface them (although they have been) so they can do testing in a real world environment.

I'm sure they've done a good job also on the base suspension, which I think will be the suspension of choice for those that track the car (so it can be replaced much more easily with something more suited to on-track driving, higher spring rates/valving, etc...) The Magneride is excellent, yes. But track cars usually use something a bit more focused and switch out depending on the track.

--kC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KC is offline   Reply With Quote