Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUMBERZACK View Post
Ken! You are the man! We need to hang out, I want to see this thing, looks so good!
Thanks. Yeah, I'm always down to hang out as time allows. As soon as I'm fully up and running and tuned, I'll be hitting up a lot more meets and get togethers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj238 View Post
wow! every time you do updates I'm inspired by your attitude towards doing things right and doing them yourself. Learning to bend/flare lines, designing brackets, machining things to fit b/c they didn't before, etc. is inspiring and impressive.
Doing it right is my goal, though I don't always get it right on the first try. It seems that every time I cut a corner, it comes back to bite me. I hate half-assed work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyJD View Post
kpluiten, just a tip I just found out not to long ago; glue felt or wrap the tips of the an wrench to double prevent fittings from getting nicked and scratched
This is good advice. I bought an AN wrench because they are designed to not mess up the edges of the fittings like normal wrenches, but it still occurs. I sometimes used electrical tape, but the felt seems more robust. I'll have to try that next time.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote