Scooby Guru

Member#: 442
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
17 OK Sport
00 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by equiraptor View Post
As a note: Different summer tires have different tolerances for cold. I've had summer tires that gripped fine in dry, 30F weather. I've had summer tires that had very little grip in dry, 40F weather. KC noted these specific tires' behavior in cold - the specific tire is a real factor in this temperature range.

(In other words, just because one model summer tires grip fine in 40F in the rain doesn't mean all summer tires do)
Yep. Under 40* temps and rain with variable runoff on an "Extreme Performance" Summer Tire... (Highest category for performance right unde Competition Tires) your life (and those in your car) is in your own hands.

At that, the hydroplaning resistance on those tires is 6.8 out of 10. I'd sell those in a heartbeat if I had them, but then again, I'm edumicated (street smart) in those aspects. Again, you can't discount the fact that those tires played a part.

(And they're also in 'Last Place' for the Tire Rack survey of the entire category of Extreme Performance tires available.... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=EP with 29 percent of people that owned them saying they'd buy them again. )

--kC
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.