View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #3909
Hey Jesus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 319575

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
and i can understand that a mild build for fun.

however, 400whp for a long time is nothing, there are WRX guys running 400whp on a stock block. if you wanted 400whp and no headaches throw a 1.5XT-R and E85 on it and you'd be there in a flash. but you're building a motor with the intention of never going above 400whp. thats only like 450 crank, that seems reckless actually.

phil takes great care of his stuff, there is NO doubting that. however, building for the bare minimum when youre building a motor for a guy that drives his car hard is negligent IMO. if yoiu want 400whp, you build a motor that can handle 650+.

also ask darryl how stock internals do even on stgII tune. sometimes luck plays into it. i wouldn't trust the sleeves as far as i could throw them. especially if i have the opprotunity when it's gonna be apart anyway to throw sleeves in there for an extra 1k and NEVER EVER have to worry about my motor breaking. sorry, but IMO with a built motor you always always always overbuild. scraping by doesn't work.

you still didn't answer my question about the math and what pistons are you gonna use, the rods are different, as far as i know there is also clearancing involved with a stroker kit pistons, because the rods are longer.
400 whp on a stock block on E85 will break eventually. Not only that you cant get E85 is the south coast area. driving 15-50 minutes to fullerton every other day or so is a huge pain in the ass.

The dom 1.5Xtr is not my favorite turbo so i wouldn't really use that on anything.

Ive had stock motors @400whp for 150K miles. He was running meth. and the cylinder walls actually went out of round and the motor was still fine. I also have 530 whp cars on C16 on stock motors that are still happy after 5 years (stock motor) I suppose you'd call andy's build reckless? along with every other non sleeved upgraded rod/piston setup out there? Since they far outweigh the ones that are sleeved by like 100:1. you dont just "throw" sleeves in ive seem more sleeves fail than be successful so if i can avoid them i will. Sleeves aren't really needed until over 500whp

NO turbo worth driving on the street will make 400-450 on pump gas anyway. Anything that can prevent detonation like meth/E85 will go a long way to keeping a motor happy. However if you don't have any of that building for a safe goal and being happy with the response / torque from a stroker/ stockish turbo is the smart thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOCK EJ25
Input Parameters Are the Following:
  • Number of Cylinders are = 4 to 1
  • Piston Diameter = 99.500 Millimeters
  • Piston Oversize = 0.000 Millimeters
  • Engine Stroke = 79.000 Millimeters
Computation Results:

Computed Engine Displacement (CID) is 150

Computed Engine Displacement (Litres) is 2.5
Computed Engine Displacement (CC) is 2457.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils Ej26
Input Parameters Are the Following:
  • Number of Cylinders are = 4 to 1
  • Piston Diameter = 99.500 Millimeters
  • Piston Oversize = 0.000 Millimeters
  • Engine Stroke = 83.000 Millimeters
Computation Results:

Computed Engine Displacement (CID) is 158

Computed Engine Displacement (Litres) is 2.6
Computed Engine Displacement (CC) is 2581.5
we are talking 10ths of a millimeter here (kind of like you and phil in a cak measuring competition)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.