Old 10-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
purist_
*** Banned ***

Member#: 498218
Vehicle:
2018 WRX Premium
Pure Red

Default Dead battery revelations

I've had the car for a month short of two years and the battery went dead. I don't drive it often, 3400 miles, so I was waiting for this to happen. A few interesting things occurred and I learned a trick or two. First off, when a power source was connected to the dead battery, the car alarm came on immediately, I hit the button on the key to stop it, and cranked the engine right over. I next noticed that the "auto" feature on the driver's side window didn't work, neither did the driver's side button for the passenger side front window. At the dealership, a tech lowered the passenger side front window (with the passenger side window button) and held the button for a few seconds after the window had opened completely. He then did the same with the front driver's side window. Both windows were then operating normally. Rear window operation was not affected. The dealership tested and replaced the battery under warranty without an argument. I also realized that with a dead battery, the only way to access the trunk is trough the back seat! My jumper cables were in the trunk, and if I were a little less spry, I wouldn't have been able to retrieve them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
purist_ is offline   Reply With Quote