dclin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 86093
Vehicle:
2016 Sig MPX SBR
Flat Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
I do get how tiny it is. It is a neat engine. Tone is hard to tell on the web, but I am actually a fan of the rx8. I apreciate Mazda's dedication to what in my eyes isnt the greatest idea. I use the term rotard semi affectionately.

I am a purist. I drive an elise. It is a terrible awful little car to live with. I put up with its shortcomings and actually celebrate them. I can put up with idosycracies for a car I consider neat. In many ways I am in the target demographic for an rx8. I would never buy one though. Reliability and fuel economy are 2 areas where it is hard to make such drastic compromises in todays climate.

Convertables in houston can be tough but 2 of my 3 cars dont have AC! Well I recently fixed AC in the tiny plastic car but it is still pretty terible.
LOL, I didn't take your comments as being derogatory, I just thought it was funny.

But to my point, putting a V8 in an Elise would likely make it an absolute hoot to drive... but at the end of the day, many of the qualities that make the Elise what it is, would be gone. Unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure of driving one (only trying to fold myself into one in a graceless manner), but I imagine it would pretty close in concept.

No A/C??! You sir, have me in awe.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dclin is offline   Reply With Quote