Old 04-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
m0nkey
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 142325
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
MBP

Unhappy Wrx sputtering hesitation when boosting.

I have searched about this topic already and nothing is related to my symptom. It doesn't happen at idle or normal driving only under boost. Let's start from the beginning. I had Todd at TNA Performance install my set up and preformed a timing belt job. After everything was finish I took my car to Brad at engine logics to have my car pro tuned and to fix a vacuum leak. I got my car back from engine logics for the day and everything was working fine. I went WOT in 1-3rd gear and I can feel the power smoothly.

The next day when I drove to school was when everything went bad. I tried to do a WOT pull on the freeway and the sputtering (happens only when im boosting) started to happen. I tired it again in a different gear and the same sputtering happened again. I got to school popped open my hood and I see smoke coming near the turbo side on top of the engine head.

I took my car back to Brad and it turned out to be one of my injector gasket was leaking fuel. I had brad next fixed the leak and my car still sputters. He told me to try and change out the spark plugs and check for the proper gaping. Which is what I did today and it still sputters. My next attempt would be my coil packs. I am not throwing a check engine light. I changed my MAF 6 months ago, I changed my fuel filter at the same time.

Cliffs
-Tna installed my upgrades
-Brad tuned my car
-Car ran fine when I got my car back for a day
-Next day went WOT on the freeway car began to sputter
-Opened hood at school saw smoke coming from gas being burnt on top of the head.
-Brad fixed the injector leak and it still sputters
-Installed new NGK spark plugs with proper tapping and still sputters

I tired to be as detailed as I could that's why it was so long

Also does anyone know what this plug is for?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by m0nkey; 04-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.
m0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote