raisingAnarchy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 408438
Vehicle:
2016 WRX STi
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash willy View Post
On a side note, I will never get a silver car again! I chose silver, because it is low-key, and doesn’t draw a lot of attention. Also, I figured as a Daily Driver, that I only have time to wash every other week, it would appear to be clean longer then any other color. What really sucks about this color is that is very hard to see any kind of defects in the paint. They can only be seen in very specific lighting, and even then only at certain angles. This sucks when it comes to correcting, because it is very easy to miss defects, and hard to tell if you have removed them. It also makes you have to apply coatings “Blind” since you can’t see the coating going on or flashing. Also, no matter what you do, it will only just look OK, and never have the depth that any other color will have. You won’t see the defects, but you will know they are there, which I don’t like.
Your words cut so deep!

I'm sitting here with my 3rd black car saying I'll never get it again because no matter how hard you try, the imperfections are always there and always visible.

Nice write-up though and great attention to detail with your work!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
raisingAnarchy is offline   Reply With Quote