View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
eddiem
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 343233
Default need help with fog lights

Hi. I want to slowly fix up my daughters car. She has her first car, a 2005 Impreza RS. It does not have fog lights, but it has the tabs to remove and install them. It also does not have the mounts, wirjng harness, or anything for fog lights. Before I go and shop arround for the best deal and product (looking for pink), I want to have an idea on exactly what i need and how difficult it might be. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastie View Post
Installed fog lights on my 2005 RS and it was very simple. Be glad to help anyone out there do the same - post your questions here. Many aftermarket versions maybe much cheaper, but I wanted the factory look.

On my 2005 RS -- You do use 2nd blank switch spot from the left for new fog light switch and you need a new 12V relay. This goes in the fuse box under the steering wheel to the left of the fuses - need to remove dash - no big deal. Looking at fuses you will see relays to the right. Third empty spot down is where new Denso (or Hyundai brand will work as well) - just need a 12V relay. So, you will need - fog lights, covers (painted in your cars color), switch for dash and a 12V relay. 2005 RS comes pre-wired for the fog lights. Cable is taped just inside fog light cavity.

Stealership sold me relay for $20 because I forgot to order online, but you can get for $10 at NAPA special order. Or try an online Subaru shop for all parts - much cheaper. Many options for aftermarket fog lights, but I got the Subaru versions ($$) and the painted covers are a must. Not cheap, but looks great if you want to stay factory.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
eddiem is offline   Reply With Quote