Old 09-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #47
Jay89
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 205205
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2007 WRX
Urban Grey

haha good to hear rallisport is making some progress. their site seems to be out of stock on everything =p

anyways, as for the argument on intake and exhaust mods on N/A cars (05+) i think it would be safe to say that 75% of people who modded their n/a did it for looks, and sound. 20% did it based off of mis-information, and the last 5% did it because they had bigger plans in mind. i am one of those last 5%. i read all the stickies on intakes, and mods on our cars. i agree. its useless and a waste of money. UNLESS you put in some major cash into something like cams, or a turbo.

I would buy this header, not for looks, because no one can see it. not for performance, because if there is any gain, its not enough to justify any price over 100. but for sound. i, like everyone else, enjoy that purr we call the boxer rumble. if it indeed is a competitive price, then i believe that it is worth putting the money into such a part.

As with any part you put on your car, i STRONGLY urge you to do your homework. our cars were not made for speed. our cars were not made for the track. our cars were made with "family" in mind. it was designed to be quiet, soft, and safe. if you wanted something fast, that wont cost you an arm and a leg, then you should have purchased a wrx. i eventually plan to put PnP heads and cams into my car then have it professionally tuned, and corner balanced. why? because i simply wish to learn more about how this car works. how each component affects the car as a whole. one can not put a price on knowledge. yes i can find all the information online. yes i can find out a lot without having to put a cent in. BUT can you believe everything everyone says? no. the one person you can believe is yourself. i find the information here helpful to me in my decision making, but it does not make my decision for me. =p

I hope each and every one of you make your own decisions and do not let the internet tell you otherwise xD
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jay89 is offline   Reply With Quote