View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 02:53 AM   #16
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam30vR View Post
I see your point but no. No, no, no. And I love how you add the ***** ton of miles part , what does that have to do with a branded title?
that was supposed to be an "or", but either way, the point still stands.

Quote:
If you really think about it, they would have less miles because they weren't being driven?
Because they were busy being a flood recovery? Or a major frame repair? Or stripped to pieces (theft recovery?)?

Branded titles don't happen over minor issues.

Quote:
And who cares about miles? If the car is straight with no rust?
Who cares about miles? Chassis' weaken and flex more and more the older they get and the more they get used.

Thats why your odometer is how many miles the chassis has, not how many miles are on the mechanicals.

Quote:
Do you not work on your own cars? Please tell me you at least change your own oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam30vR View Post
Agree but... salvage/rebuild or fender bender = never the same. And do you know how many cars have been in fender benders? A ton of them, many of which never get reported so chances are a few cars you have owned "were never the same" but you had no idea because it was done right. It can be done right, it just comes down to the shop not the fact that it is a salvaged title.
Minor fender benders won't brand a title. Major structural damage, flood recovery, theft recovery. If the cost to repair is more than a percentage of the cars value, the title will get branded.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sc00by4life; 06-21-2016 at 11:33 AM.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote