OAKOS Automotive
NASIOC Storefront Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (157)

Member#: 18261
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX w/
V9 Spec-C EJ207

Sounds good, just let me know when you're ready!

I installed a 22mm front bar on my car a while back and I was expecting a lot of understeer, but it didn't turn out quite like I expected. With just a 22mm rear bar and an anti-lift kit up front, understeer was almost eliminated in slow speed corners but in higher speed corners the car had too much oversteer. With the addition of the front sway bar the car did exhibit more understeer in slow speed corners but in the higher speed corners the car was very well balanced with both the front and the rear of the car stepping out equally and predictably. The new-found balance really shined through in the snow and on loose surfaces where good balance allows the car to slide equally front and rear. Bottom line, I think the front bar is a great addition for a street driven or track driven car, but I'd recommend against it for the serious autoX'er, where slow corners are the norm, unless other measures (like stiffining up the rear bar) are taken to correct the additional low speed understeer. However, keep in mind that everyone prefers different handling characteristics and what works and is fast for one person may not suit the driving style and preference of another person.

-Dave
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.