casper_04
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 521841
Vehicle:
2018 STI Limited
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostMasterZero View Post
I'm trying to help my mother out. She bought a brand new 2020 Subaru Outback and the center section by the radio is like one gigantic iPad. Everything is electronic with no knobs at all which isn't my style, but hey, it's not my car.

Anyways, I know how to switch over to one of the 3 bottom settings from the car, home, and personal settings. In the car settings, one of them I can turn off the Auto Start Stop feature which my mother hates, and i've driven the car before and I find it annoying as well, but then again my WRX was a stick, so that would never work on a car like that. Whenever I turn off the feature it stays off, but when I go to the local grocery store for example and lock it up and get back in and start it up and then come to a stop it automatically turns itself back on. I thought if I linked my mother's iPhone to the car and then re-applied my settings it would stick since the key fob is linked to the driver profile, but the Auto Start Stop feature still turns on automatically regardless of which key fob I use.

I figure this applies to anyone with an Outback, Forester, Ascent, or Legacy. I know WRX/STis don't have all this fancy touchscreen only stuff, at least they have some manual knobs lol
If you take it in to your local dealer now, I’ve been seeing posts about a software update that puts the auto start/stop button right next to the home button, which makes it a lot easier to turn off as it’s always there and takes one press. Unfortunately it still can’t be disabled permanently, so either press it every startup or learn to live with it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
casper_04 is offline   Reply With Quote