NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 198281
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX/STi
WRB of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
They can sound awesome with the correct tuning, it's not magic, just trial and error.
I respectfully disagree. The engineering and development costs I estimate to rival what we put into our header, upwards of $100K. We spend the better parts of a few weeks going the 'throw a dart at the wall route' and it was fruitless. I think in total it was like 27 combinations of things we tried, plus a couple off-the-shelf products (Q300 & Cobb off the top of my head). In the end we went with a steel cat-back as it resolves 90% of cabin sound/drone when compared to stainless. It's cheap and starting to rust, but I can hear myself think and it had no problem making 597whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slofouru View Post
Chris, just sent another message regarding the spoolinator kit. Forgot to ask, can you provide the reverse outlet / passenger facing gtx3576r Gen2 in the kit? Also, would it clear the engine case in that orientation?
That would put you in rotated kit category essentially. We've not gone in that direction, and having already spent development money on the kit we have, I don't see any benefit (from a performance standpoint), but more cost. Reverse rotation in that location would cause other conflicts as well with brake lines IIRC?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
KillerBMotorsport is online now   Reply With Quote