Old 01-19-2005, 10:47 PM   #217
bruticus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 10640
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
look like a bitch?
Say what again!!

Hi everybody. As some of you have found out from emails direct from me, the only update is not good. One of the people we placed (actually, that I placed) just walked off, 3 days into his contract. He worked for them in the middle of last year, kept asking about throughout Nov-Dec about the new helpdesk, they asked for him by name in the first week of January, and he f'n ditched them. So this client is a bit ticked with us and we'll probably have to let them bitchslap us around until we've made proper penance.

I do know that the Macintosh requirement is pretty non-negotiable.

I've stored all the resumes you all sent me, and built a full skill profile for each person, because we have other help-desk positions open, and we're apparently back on the list with AT&T, and Aventis in Bridgewater NJ has helpdesk stuff every few months. And I'll circulate resumes through firms we have links with, but not many of them do a lot of help-desk/analyst stuff; they're more into software development and stuff like that.

I wish this help-desk thing had gone a lot more smoothly, but this guy flaking out on them has monkey-wrenched us pretty good. The day he split I was so worked up I got acid-indigestion and got teh runz.

I'll keep in touch, and feel free to keep in touch with me.

DjB
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bruticus is offline   Reply With Quote