Old 09-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #13
GoFrogs
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507317
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Pure Red

aside from outward looks, the biggest hurdle with the new WRX is having buyers choose their passion with three pedals (base model) or cave and get the technology (and other things) in the GT with CVT only, at the sacrifice of passion.

I am one of those people who actually wants to shift my own gears because then I'm actually doing something. I am a part of the process. My latest Playstation is a PS2, so that should tell you something...

There are people out there who want to shift and have luxuries. This manual only base model no gizmos thing is frankly dumb and then Subaru will wonder why the new model isn't selling in the numbers like the previous model did. (See VW's move from Mk4 R32-6spd to Mk5 R32-DSG only for a similar situation).

I want the best for Subaru, but right now, I hope the new BRZ moves more units than the WRX (both trims).

I'm not onboard with the "Vermont backroads" cladding, but that is easier to deal with than the transmission and lack of interior amenities.

Maybe Subaru's plan is to drive more STi sales. Considering that is what they actually race (no factory WRX rally cars, only STi cars), maybe Subaru is going to push those buyer who want technology and want to shift (passion) into the more expensive STi.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GoFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote