Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

Fuji K,
I have stopped participating because as far as I am concerned this has become a bunch of mental masturbation. Xephyr has shown that you can make BIG power on the DOHC Ej25 '98 heads. He put down over 400whp on a very conservative dyno. The heads were unported and used stock cams and valves. The only changes to them were upgraded springs. And because they are from very similar castings to the Ej20K/EJ20H/EJ20R heads, it's very easy to tap out the fittings for the turbo oil and coolant stuff that is lacking on them from the factory. They are cast into them (which is a tell that they are based upon a turbo head) and just haven't been drilled out and tapped. Beyond that, I don't need to know anything else about it.

I did recieve 2 longblocks last night. One is an Ej20G from '96 and the other is an Ej20K from '97. I will be measuring them and taking pictures of them for my own database of information. The '96 has HLA's under buckets, like the '96 USDM Ej25s. The '97 I expect to be nearly identical to the '97-99 DOHC Ej25's. But it still doesn't "proove" anything. I am still unsure what you are trying to proove in this thread and stand by my assessment that it's a bunch of irrelevant mental masturbation. At this rate, I will have my engine rebuilt from the ground up, and installed in my car while you are still arguing on the intraweb about irrelevant details...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Matt Monson is offline   Reply With Quote