Pre
Scooby Guru

Member#: 139693
Vehicle:
Dura ngo 95
horrorshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
I have been a big fan of Savage Geese when he owned the FR-S and I owned a BRZ and started following him on Youtube. He always told it like it was and really isn't a fanboy or biased to one brand or another etc.

I watched the Golf R review and found it to be spot on. I've owned an MK7R Golf R, currently own an RS, and have owned multiple WRX's. All of these cars have pros and cons it comes down to your personality and what is more important to you. No doubt the Golf R is the better hot hatch daily driver. Interior, road handling, AWD, spacious interior, good MPG, etc. The Focus RS is more of an enthusiast car. More firm, more precise, better AWD/handling, more of a motor sport feel. The STI is more like the RS, in that it is less refined and not as comfortable as a daily, but it just has a certain presence and personality that the Golf R doesn't have. The Type R is somewhere between the RS and Golf R. I think Honda just took the styling too far for my liking.

Good time to be into these types of cars.
Agree with your take. Agreed with him on the R too, especially the steering feel.

I didn’t agree with some the things he said about the RS in his review, especially the drivetrain, as he just lumped it basically, but it certainly didn’t offend me, and I watched well before purchase time. I think he wanted to be the one not praising it as many other people like him, whether you-boob people, or journalists, were. It was funny to watch his comments then he drives it and says “incredible” or something like that. He likes what he likes and also said he’d take the RA over any of them, even though it’s slower.

I watched his recent AP2 review recently also, and I owned one, and didn’t agree with him on it either. That’s one car I have never missed once, since I sold it. I will tell you one thing, he is biased, but we all are, and he is at least consistent in his comments, and not afraid to piss people off or go against the grain.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Pre is offline   Reply With Quote