Scooby Newbie

Member#: 141335
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
05 subaru wrx/sti
black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinator View Post
It looks great in person. I really like the way they mounted the oil cooler. Actually, if I remember correctly, Joe used your car to show me how they mount the Defi gauges on the A-pillar. My car will be in Goodspeed shortly. The Cosworth shortblocks are amazing and Todd the Subaru mechanic at Goodspeed has gotten 40k miles out of his and it still does not burn or consume oil. I already have a Raw Performance track series SB otherwise I would have gone Cosworth. My stock shortblock gave out around that mileage so it doesn't really surprise me. I guess my Dominator 3.0R turbo finally did it in. Now that I have a built SB I am going to go for the new Dominator 5.0XT-R.

How much power are you expecting to make? It is a twin scroll rotated 30r right?
the problems coming out of my short block are very surprising and unplanned but what can you do right? how is that raw performance short block? yeah im still looking and reading on what would be best for my car but i'll post here to let you know on what i go with. and the turbo is a new ams gt30 vband turbo! i am expecting 360 or hopefully 375 whp on pump gas and if i do that cosworth i could probably get 435 whp on 101 octane with lil more boost.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SHADY STI is offline   Reply With Quote