RememberMeJoeB
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332926
Vehicle:
2012 Imp
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy View Post
Nice! Next big snow I'll try this. And this basically only disables ABS and fully-disables the VSC but leaves the power steering, etc?

Anyone able to chime in on the shift lock release doing this with the CVT?

Lastly, has anyone tried driving around full time in normal conditions and having the dash VSC button pressed? I tried last night for the hell of it, and the car felt different. A little more nimble. Less hesitant. More fun. And downshifted a little snappier. Overall, it seemed to drive how the CVT should all the time. Maybe I'm thinking things and the car was just running really well last night?? Anyone else try this? lol
My clutch and gas pedal feel a little more responsive IMO. I drove around for two days straight fuse out 1-1-14 and 1-2-14. Drove fine, everything worked the only reason I put it back in was for cruise and abs for driving my son around. I got up to 60mph on slick snowy roads and everything was fine.(I have brand new tires) with the fuse out just shift into 2nd gear a lot earlier than on dry roads, go WOT and you are moving. Did z spin donuts with the fuse out, big drifts the works. everything was fine then and after i put the fuse back in.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RememberMeJoeB is offline   Reply With Quote