Scooby Newbie

Member#: 457271
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2016 WRX
WR Pearl Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by _brian_ View Post
I would be tempted to have some custom TGV-delete style plates made with a hole in the side and capped off at the top to avoid having to remove the intake manifold. combine that with a walnut blaster hose designed to plug into it and all you'd have to do is make sure those valves are closed and you can blast away. maybe this is a bit simplistic but if it worked it would turn this from a nightmare into a slightly more complicated TGV delete install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentCircus View Post
Hmmmm as long as you can find a way to get a shopvac attached to it then it will work...but how would you get one on a TGV from the side? I think I'm going to copy Unabomber's idea and use the OEM TGVs and create a vac/blaster setup on top of it.
In theory, this would be awesome. However, I think this would be tough. Having access to the full port with nothing in the way, to me anyways, seems pretty important to do a good job. If you had to go through the TGV's and the plates, etc, it would be tough for the blasting to get all the way down to the valves and the stems. I know these blasters are pretty powerful but still not sure if this would work out. Also, I blasted the whole intake manifold as that was pretty dirty which you can see in the pictures I posted.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Subie53013 is offline   Reply With Quote