FuJi K
Scooby Guru

Member#: 3687
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
MY99 GF4 JDM 6spd
NF Performance

Thank you for the kind words.

There are a few autos that Subaru offers in their lineup. However getting them to work require some merging likely of wires and TCUs.

If all possible, I'd like to try the Tribeca's 5spd auto. Some people however just build a 4spd auto for drag racing purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capwilly View Post
You're prowess regarding this subject is impressive but leaves my particular questions somewhat on a cliff. I am a former racer from over 30 years ago ( Lotus 47, 289 Cobra, Jaguar e-Type ) and not without technical acumen and have a 02' bugeye wagon now which I love and am in the process of tricking out. The departure here from my experience and my past and it seems all others is that for the moment I am choosing to use an a/t transmision in the car. Today's technology with paddle shifiting , etc. blows away traditional manual transmisions and it is no longer possible for the human to compete with the computer quickness available. So,,,, barring my spending a fortune on this new technology, and assuming I decide to remain attempting to use an a/t transmission,,,, what would your advice be on the most effective gearbox, gear ratios and most importantly, torque converter to aproximate the sophistication of this most current equipment. Thanks kindly, Capwilly
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
FuJi K is offline   Reply With Quote