Old 02-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #25
Phatron
Scooby Guru

Member#: 36033
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
CEO PhatBottiTuning
2006 STi GTX3582 + Meth

^^ and the graph u posted is for a car with a "fuel system"....whats that entail? FPR? lines? increased fuel pressure?

i dont claim to know everything....im just speaking of the cars i've done with in tank pumps and stock FP.....and i've even tried increasing the FP on intank pumps and had no luck....it just made them crap out faster.

I think the key, as you've pointed out before, is the wiring.....getting the proper amps to the fuel pump.

Which i totally believe. as the ID1000's scaling as 850-880cc injectors on the stock chit seems to show a drastic drop in fuel pressure at high rpm.

so if this car has the wiring mod, thats great and it could explain it. but i believe its a stock FPR, stock fuel pressure car and the only reason it can run that boost is because its at altitude.

the owner should chime in tomorrow and let us know.

and for all the "fast" setups on smaller injectors....you'll find twice as many with larger injectors and higher idc's. "proper" fuel setup can mean lots of different things to lots of different people. some people just say "jack up the amps to the pump" and "jack up the fuel pressure" where as others say "dont do that or you're gonna overheat the pump".....idk whats right. i just know id1000's on stock FP wont support a gt30 on high boost at sea level.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Phatron is offline   Reply With Quote