Old 04-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #79
xbd270
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 388910
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 subaru wrx
WR BLUE

Default 2013 Wrx Burned Rotor Advise Please!!!

Guys, I need to know your opinion regarding my case.

I owned a 2013 Subaru WRX sedan which I bought dec 2012 with GOLD WARRANTY. currently it has 17,000miles. I don't drive it now everyday because i got a job in manhattan a month ago and use the subway.

Last sunday night, I heard a grinding sound on front right; called dealer and had my appointment today; They found out that my rotors are damaged; they called me and upon assessment of the factory field representative its "FOUND HOT SPOTS ON ROTORS FROM AGRESSIVE DRIVING"; Initially, they want me to pay $400 dollars for the rotors, I was so upset and told them I have Gold warranty and I don't even drag race and doing much aggressive driving! Of course, the reason I bought a WRX for sport driving, i don't even abuse it! The manager always tell me "that's the factory rep assessment". Last checkup of my car was for 15,000 miles; my last out of state trip was in vermont.

So they rapaired it free. Im just so disappointed because the reason I bought a subaru is the reliability. The annoying part was they are blaming me for the damage due to "Aggressvie driving". I'm just concerned just in case I'm gonna have another problem with my car, and they will see my record.

I feel that that this incident needs further investigation for the benefit of the customers. Your opinion is highly appreciated. thank you.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xbd270 is offline   Reply With Quote