Scooby Guru

Member#: 71092
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2.5RS Wagon
Regal Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrutzky View Post
It's not about figuring it out, it's about is the expensive stuff really worth it. We all GET how droop is beneficial, especially on rough surfaces like englishtown and potholed streets. ... But at the end of the day, does it warrant the expense? It's fine if you want to make posts explaining suspension, just don't belittle others for their choices which are probably made by factoring budget first and performance second.
No, no, no, you're misunderstanding all of us! We're not giving you crap for spending less money, we're giving you crap for not getting the best stuff for your money that you can. In other words, it's cool that you only want to spend a grand on your springs and dampers. Hell, I didn't even spend that much on mine! The issue is that, if you're going to spend a grand, there's better ways to spend a grand than on cheap crap coilovers. The whole point of the many, many threads explaining why cheap crap coilovers are bad is that, to get the coilovers down to the sub-grand level, the designers had to cut a lot of corners to save money. For the same money, you can buy a spring and strut combo that cuts fewer corners and you'll be faster, and likely happier, with it.

Again, we're not trying to say that you have to spend more money (though I can see how the side-discussion in this thread about how much you'd have to spend if you wanted COs would muddy the waters), we're trying to say that, regardless of how much you're going to spend, you should get the best for your money that you can.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
williaty is offline   Reply With Quote