gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyboy View Post
I guess we just see things differently then.

If the ecoboost was such a remarkable "truck" engine, it would be in the F250/F350, but it is not--probably for "truck" reasons... . Yet the Hemi is used in an HD application.
Fords marketing strategy is different than Dodges, and many people would love to see the Ecoboost in the F250/350. But the fact is, the F150 is overlapping F250/2500HD territory. If you purchase the Max Payload and Max Tow package, you can tow 11,500lbs with 2400lbs of payload. That's insane for a 1/2 ton pickup. The Dodge 2500 can only do about 100 more lbs of payload and 1000 more lbs of towing.

A good example of a truck engine is the Nissan Titan. Nissan designed the engine specifically for truck duty. It's an engine that was never designed to go into any cars and is only used in the Titan and Armada. While i personally haven't towed with it, my mother owns an armada and i have driven it on numerous occasions. I think it would do well in towing, and every review you read from user tow experience raves about how well this engine does while towing. The 5.6L nissan V8 makes 385lbs of torque at 3400rpm and the torque curve itself is flatter than dodge or fords offerings. Dodge's hemi reaches peak torque at 4000rpm and has a very steep torque curve, Fords 5.0 makes peak torque at 4500rpm and the 6.2l at 4250rpm.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote