Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98553
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy AJ View Post
So it will be a 20 WHP gain, generally speaking, from a FMIC instead of a TMIC? No lag or any other side effects, other than the extra hit to your wallet? Huh.

Nice numbers!
With a tune I would say it's safe to say that you can get a 20hp gain with a FMIC on a vf39. I'm not feeling a difference in lag (but that could just be me). It's a hit on the wallet; intercooler + intake + tune, but I'm that much closer to being ready for a bigger turbo all I need now is fuel pump (on order) injectors, and a new gear set for the tranny and another awesome tune by Nathan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSTI View Post
Nice numbers.

I like FMIC set up. It's a no-brainer that a front mount configuration facing cool air head-on is going to do a better job at cooling than a duct-fed con fig. The only gripe I have with this set up is not the price, but weight. Damn, these things are hefty.

I've got a WBR FMIC kit waiting to go on the FXT. I was happy when USPS wheeled the box out to me (gee, I wonder why) and was taken by how heavy the unit is. I've checked with APS's DR725 and noticed the shipping weight on that thing is no joke also - 80 lbs.
I may be wrong but I think the Perrin FMIC only adds about 9lbs when you figure up what you take off to install it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by dhunckyn; 03-26-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: your mom
dhunckyn is offline   Reply With Quote