Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #41
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2021 Building
It Better

Oh, you freaking geezer wannabe's in your 40's...... Yore doing it rong if you think you're old now. And if you think the kids need a quiet car, you're also wrong. As a guy who tuned 40 during the last century, I'm going to chime in.

A loud exhaust in a Subaru? Please. You can run straight pipes catless and the turbo alone will quiet it down more than my Cobra was.

The side pipes were not for show and as you can see, exits pretty much directly below your (or my son's) ear.

Loud, rumbling exhausts put kids to sleep faster than anything else out there. When the kids were 6-8, they'd last all of 5 minutes before zonking out. Your Subaru has the exhaust (jack points) way back there pointing behind you. You're going to hear almost nothing. I know....my Elise is running a Larini exhaust, which is also louder than any Subaru could possibly be.

If you don't want the attention from the cops, then I respect your decision, but don't give me that crap that it's for the kids. Kids don't fall asleep in a Lexus (the quietest car around) unless it's from sheer boredom.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. I gotta find Barnaby Jones on this here TV.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote