Old 10-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #6
luksicman1
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269409
Vehicle:
96 gf8 2.35v7build
blue/black

Default hey

Yeah I'm 19 and I'm thinking about starting a forester sti swap soon myself... Got the swapping fever when I got my new leggy jdmsti, working on it with the very well accustomed subie mechanics in my town this summer, I have a big extra garage up at my dads that would be perfect for doing the work on weekends and storing the project, I know how to wire because my dad fixes electronics for a living, owns his own business fixing music equipment mostly, I was his apprentice, learned how to solder from a master hahaa, and my uncle is an electrical engineer... Was the chief engineer on a freight ship( same kinda guy as the airline mech's) haha, he's a mad genius with anything mechanical, not just wiring, seen him completely redo the wiring on 2 electric cars, it was like double the amount of wires as a car... So I'm not worried about the wiring, or mechanical stuff when my best friend is a wyotech trained mechanic, but my question is where do you find the time to do all this? I guess at 15 you got all kinds of free time, I wish I would of hopped on this back then haha, I was too busy with sports, being a kid though to think about cars yet.. but huge props to ya kid! good luck with your swap, definately surround yourself with well knowledgeable mechanics, it makes a world of difference... never be afraid to ask a million questions hhaa, that's what I did, you learn a lot very quickly that way.... keep with it though and you'll have some sick rides for sure... The way I see it is we're living in the last couple generations that are even going to have enough oil and gasoline(fossil fuels) left to drive around with... So we might as well live it up while we can right? I want to have a 450 awhp monster some day haha
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
luksicman1 is offline   Reply With Quote