View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #9
eachit
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 216124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
Yet another reason JD powers is completely filled with morons.

I do think that this generation is less enthused about cars, but I think it has less to do with social networking than it does the marketing brainwashing they are getting.

Go green, drive less, use less gas. They are being bent toward boring and uninspiring cars. If you knew thought that driving a gas guzzler (read fun) car is akin to french kissing the devil, then you are left to choose from a batch of nothing more than appliances, with a very few bright stars left (Fit, Fiesta).

Cars being associated with being cool is no longer the norm. Being green is cool, so having an extravagant fast car is not on anybody list anymore. Finding ways to ride a bike to school is preferable.

I think the Gen X'ers (Gosh I hate that media derived name) are the lost generation. Always in the shadow and overlooked due to the boomers, and now the Gen Y'ers with their TV controlled brains are coming to power.

I think the title of the article is spot on, but the reasons are bologna.

Also, can we all vote never to use the world Careerist EVER AGAIN.
+12345

It looks like the information is there and sounds correct to me. However much of the interpretation as to why Gen Y and C words feel the way they do is incorrect IMO.

As far as generations being young (16ish) and into cars, the Babyboomers had it best, followed by Gen Xers IMO.

Babyboomers - Muscle cars, compacts emerging, cars that changed noticeably each year, muscle cars (yeah it's worth repeating)

Gen X - 5.0s, GTAs, AWD Talon TSIs, FD RX-7s, Turbo MR2s, Supras, M3s, ZR1s, Turbo Omnis and Colts, etc.

Gen Y - Retromods and hybrids getting most of the attention

Melliniums - who knows
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
eachit is offline   Reply With Quote