View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #3
czo79
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smunczen View Post
Give the dealer a chance to fix it. Id also open a case SOA about it.
Do you know how I go about opening a case? Just call the number on the Subaru website?

The dealer has taken pictures to send to subaru and offered to fix it. I'm concerned that there is no warranty on paint or rust resulting from that, so if the work isn't quality I'm on my own, and I've just paid full price for a car with a defective paint job that has been repaired and may or may not hold up over time and will likely show up in the service history and maybe carfax and ding the resale value. It seems like a bad deal for me considering this is subaru's mistake and quality control should have caught it at the factory and the dealer should have caught it at dealer prep. I'm gonna express my concerns to them and see what they say I guess. Hate to be a pain but buying a new car is a big deal to me and I was planning on really taking care of this car and driving it a long time, rust is what gets subarus around here, I've junked a couple mechanically fine subarus that couldn't get inspected because of rust, and so paint/body problems scare me.
Thanks!
- Czo
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
czo79 is offline   Reply With Quote