LockerSTi11
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 371732
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza STi
Satin White Pearl

Unhappy 2011 STi knock count

So I've had this issue before and i just want to make sure im not going crazy before i do another compression test and possible piston ring replacement.

Car currently has ~1000 miles on new block, ~5000 miles on new stock turbo

On startup i get a puff of white smoke for about 5-10 seconds then disappears. It was ~45 today so i dont think it was condensation. ive also noticed alot of oil spray from my BOV onto the inside of my hood. i was got nervous since i just did a total motor rebuilt with upgraded internals and started watching the knock sum cyl 4 and in about a 5 mile drive in all city i got about 150 knocks. the other cyl were lower then 10 except 4. I dont hear anything from outside the motor that is noticeable but this is exactly what happened about 6 months ago. The tuner put about 250 miles on it with a break-in tune before doing a full protune.

Current build setup is: Same Longblock resurfaced cylinders and heads, valves etc. forged 100.5 pistons, rods, both sets of bearings, ARP Head studs, stock crank and top end. Outside the motor i have Cobb intake, Perrin TBE, Perrin FMIC, stock turbo, stock uppipe, stock headers, lightweight crank pulley, DW 65c fuel pump, DW1000cc injectors, light weight flywheel and upgraded clutch.

Could the issue be another bad piston ring with the excessive oil blow by and all the other issues i stated?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by LockerSTi11; 03-10-2014 at 09:36 PM.
LockerSTi11 is offline   Reply With Quote