Old 03-03-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
frugalrhombus
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 494291
Vehicle:
2019 STI
Dark Gray

Default Cobb Ethanol Sensor going bad after a year

OK so I have a 2019 STI that I have been running flex fuel for about a year (still trying to track down a receipt to figure out exact date). A few times in the past few months I had an issue where I would start the car and the ethanol level would be reading 0.0 and I assume my tune was adjusting for that and it was idling around 15.5 AFR but it would fix itself by just turning the car off and waiting a few minutes and restarting it.

But yesterday it did it to me while I was driving on the highway, it went from 76% which is what I filled up at and spiked to 100% then dropped to 0.0 again. I immediately threw it in neutral and as I was coasting for somewhere to pull over it went back to normal.

I have been talking to a few people about this locally and they said that the ethanol sensor itself is actually just a GM sensor and its the rest of the kit that is made by Cobb. Does anyone know if this is true? I would rather not pay the $300 for a replacement from Cobb if it has been after a year and the warranty is over if it is going to take a **** after a year again.

Also if it is true does anyone have a part number?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
frugalrhombus is offline   Reply With Quote