Scooby Newbie

Member#: 256620
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2014 WRX 4dr!!
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by V10SNEK View Post
Aren’t the ej20x engines open deck? As long as you’re not trying to get insane power levels, you’d be totally fine. The only issue between a used engine and a rebuild is that you don’t know the condition of the bearings, cam lobes, etc. If an engine ran low on oil pressure for just a few seconds, it would shorten the life of that motor drastically.
My advice is if you want to get it running and sell the car, slap a used engine in there. If you want to keep the car, spend the extra and rebuild the block with some decent bearings and rings. (Might as well upgrade anything else while it’s apart.
Yes they're open deck, I'm not trying to get insane numbers. I just want it to be as quick or a little quicker then the stock setup. I found a place 10 minutes away that sells the Ej20x for $1050, which is a really good deal. A used ej255 is around 5k. The guys at prime said to pull the engine and do everything the right way rebuilding my engine would cost like 10k said and done. Im not looking to drop that much cash.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
demid30 is offline   Reply With Quote