Member#: 207500
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
thanks for your input! i appreciate it.

due to legal agreements, i can't talk much more about that car (hence me pulling the thread). i want to explain why it was more than what you know and what i tried to show on here in that thread, but i can't.

my main concern is getting a car that will be undamaged by someone else prior to me getting it. there is a lot involved in shipping a car from Japan and a lot of opportunity for a car to get damaged. port or pre-delivery damage is one thing - most of the time nobody ever notices but when someone does, it sucks royally. that's what i'm trying to avoid.

i know the risk of that happening is very very small but it's funny - after all of this was said and done, i was reading Road & Track and when they were trying to get a BRZ for their test fleet, it was delayed several weeks due to paint issues that needed to be addressed. that stung a little and compounded things when it came to my perception of Subaru.
Order the same car at multiple dealerships and choose the one that passes your inspection. I understand why the thread was removed and I think it's bogus. Try to grab one of the orange special edition ones, maybe they will be extra careful while transporting those.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote