vashiori
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (14)

Member#: 173721
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
'11 GV WRX SWP
XPT Stage 2

I did not get a tune after installing the CAI. AEM and others on the forum have mentioned that a re-tune is not required to safely run this CAI.

I have not done research on other CAI, but I do know that AEM puts a good deal of testing into their intakes. The internal diameter of the intake is designed to optimize the stock map's air fuel ratios throughout various parts of the power band, because we all know that the stock map has some funky AFRs. It's not as completely optimized as a re-tune would but it does enough to increase power a little bit.

My friend showed me some data that compared the AFR of AEM CAI vs stock I think and it showed how the AFR is shifted to a more efficient zone in various parts of the power band. I might be able to get some of that data from him.

And yes everything else on the car is stock.

And to answer the question about water ingestion. The intake is located above the plastic undertray piece so that would help block the filter from ingesting water. As long as you are not accelerating while being submerged in a pool of water I am sure you would be fine.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vashiori is offline   Reply With Quote