Bugeye115
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 217771
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
1984 Subaru Brat

Default Bugeye115's 2004 WRX Track Build

Greetings! I recently picked up a 2004 WRX from a local owner here in Oklahoma. I'm going to use this thread to track my progress and to keep you entertained.

A little history before we get started. My first car was a 1984 Subaru BRAT in yellow with turbo decals from the factory. I drove that car for about a year before the camshaft snapped at the distributor. I went on to pick up a 2011 SWP WRX that year. I ended up upgrading everything except the turbo and internals. Water methanol was the poison of choice.

I went on to sell the WRX in 2016 and picked up my current daily, a 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

Fast forward to the present day, and I now own a 04 WRX. My main goal is to turn this into a fun weekend track car.

The car is actually in pretty good shape physically, and I drove it home 2.5 hrs from the seller's house. The clutch was slipping, but other than that, no issues.

I decided to pull the engine this past week to change the clutch and tackle any leaks that are present. The previous owner had installed an eBay clutch...

Engine removal went smoothly, and I could tell this engine had been out before. The only issue I ran into was some stripped engine mount bolts. Simple drill bit did the job.

https://imgur.com/eGGGgIj

Engine Plans:
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Tomei Turbo Inlet
VF29 Turbo from a ver 6 STi
07 STI Fuel Injectors
DW200 Fuel Pump
Invidia Catless Uppipe
KillerB Oil Pickup
Misc. Gaskets

Suspension and Brakes:
STi Brembo Swap
Stoptech Braided Lines F/R
Stoptech Pads F/R
04 STi Rotors F/R
Fortune Auto Coilovers

Wheels:
Enkei RPF1 17x9

My dad is going to sandblast the intake and some other brackets for me next week. I'll be start clean up next weekend.

Stay tuned!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Bugeye115; 04-14-2020 at 05:09 PM.
Bugeye115 is offline   Reply With Quote