Member#: 206860
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
13 BRZ 05 92X Aero
White, Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla163 View Post
I don't doubt the accuracy of your answer. But more frustration for the buyer:

The public websites that tell me specifically what my car is worth are not accurate. And, the resources that do tell me what it is worth are not accessible to me. How am I supposed to appraise the value of a trade in? How do I know that the dealer is not low balling me?
The only true way to get a trade-in appraisal done is to have a trade-in appraisal done.
Lowballing will vary from dealer to dealer and customer to customer. You can take market value of your car at a dealer and private party sale - Then subtract 2-3K and that should be close to your trade-in value.
We are not lowballing you. We are gambling that we will get that money back or possibly even make a profit on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchmark View Post
How about taking the car to places like CarMax? They get one shot at it and give you a time-sensitive quote.
Carmax rocks for trade-ins. If my trade-in value is to low for the customer, I always tell my customers to go there. They will generally beat my values by a few hundred to a thousand.

Carmax is volume based. So they are not as pressed to make as much as they can. They will be happy with a hundred dollars profit.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote