Former Vendor

Member#: 206860
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
13 BRZ 05 92X Aero
White, Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezd 1 View Post
The wife and I went looking at a car yesterday with that only in mind, LOOKING. We wanted to see the inside and see how a car seat would fit. The salesman came out asked if we needed help, I told him we only wanted to look at the interior of the car because we were going to purchase in the next couple months.

Everything was fine asked us if we wanted to go inside to get some info on that model... we ended up in there for almost 1 hour because he wanted to try so hard to sell us a car that very day. I kept telling him I was not looking to buy today as I told him when I asked to see the interior. He brings out the manager, I tell him the same thing. I felt like I was trying to be forced to buy a car.

Was there something else I should have said? Or were they just being pushy? I thought I made it clear that I only wanted to see the inside of a car so we could be sure this was one of the cars we were thinking of.
The Salesman did what he was supposed to do, in the classic sense of car sales.
He tried to take you through the sales process. When it fell apart he introduced his Mgr.Blah, blah, blah...

These are things that have to happen at just about every store or the Salesman will be fired.

At the point that you feel uncomfortable or pressured, Just leave. Get up, say thanks, tell the Mgr your researching, and leave.

That the Salesman had you there for an hour is wrong on your part and their part. You don't have to be rude but you can be direct about exactly what your intentions are for this visit.

He was obviously being pushy and trying his hardest to make a sale that day.

When Salesman are desperate it comes off that way. When you are researching, you are doing just that. Gathering info on the different models of interest.

These forms of sales tactics drive business our way in droves. We are just a lot more relaxed and easy than most of the stores in our are.

Please try not to hold anything against the Salesman. They are just doing there jobs. It's not the right way, but they are trying. It's a sink or swim type of job and it's not cut out for everyone.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote