Old 08-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #5
lord_galathon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 505077
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 92x Aero
Silver

Hey I have the exact same car - same color and all except I have the stock Saab 18" wheels. (they might be 17s I'm not sure I don't remember I did buy tyres for it.)

I picked it up from a friend for 1000$CDN last fall. He wasn't using it and the car had been sitting for almost 2 years, I figured what the heck: I'll use it as a winter beater while my Abarth is away.

Not sure if the photos will show up but they're from last winter. It has 170.000 miles - US car (I'm in Canada...)

Car has some mods too! Tuned engine, complete 3" STi exhaust + catless, 1/2" lowered and stiffened + poly bushings and big brake kit.

Since I got I replaced the oil pan (leak) and front brakes were seized so they had to be replaced including the calipers, stuck with big brake kit. 2x oil changes so far and it's not taking any oil. Changed the tyres.

AC doesn't work, when I bought the car it was missing the AC belt and tensioner assembly so I picked all those parts up and installed them but the AC won't hold a charge which is a bummer but the car runs great. 270HP with the mods, it's a hoot to drive.

One thing I'm not a huge fan of is the lowered part, sure handles great but last winter I hit a block of ice and the exhaust broke, I had a garage weld it back into place and it's been fine eversince.

Did I mention it's 5sp manual? Clutch is a bit hard but it works fine.

I just wish I could get the keyfob/module sorted out. It works randomly, changed the battery in the keyfob but it still won't always work so I set it in "valet" mode just so that it doesn't set off the alarm each time I unlock the door with the key.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lord_galathon is offline   Reply With Quote