tsrapophis
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 434904
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG9892 View Post
But something always bother me when i drive it on that road.It kinda lacks something that i cant figure it out but my thoughts going for powerloss
Not to be disrespectful, but have you gone to any kind of performance driving training? whether it be a school, track day or autocross? Go to a local autocross, have someone codrive with you and show you how fast your car already is. Afterwards if you still think you need it, I'd look at tires, suspension, and a performance brake pad in that order before anything else. If you add a bunch of HP without doing those you'll likely get yourself in trouble. Been there done that.

If you still want 350whp on a mustang dyno you can do it on a stock engine but you will need injectors, fuel pump, intercooler upgrade, step colder plugs, bolt in turbo (blouch 2.5 or something similar), up pipe, down pipe and a professional tune on your accessport at a minimum. With a stock engine you will make the HP but it's life will be shortened; a good tuner and being able to keep the charge air cool (boost <20psi and quality intercooler) will help extend that life. When, not if, you blow it up forged rods and pistons and maybe ARP headstuds will be all you'll need longblock wise for that power level.

After that, welcome to the world of built engines and all that comes with it. Good luck.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tsrapophis is offline   Reply With Quote