Unabomber
Big Ron
Super Moderator

Member#: 18062
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
on car parts so PM
me b4 j00 buy

Thank you for your great addition Jon! I updated the top post with the information and posted the new pdf in picture form above.

OAT is the the new additive active ingredient for extended life coolants. PG and EG coolants can have OAT added to make them extended life. PG and EG alone are not extended life. The OAT makes them extended life.

"Conventional antifreeze is formulated with inhibitors composed of neutralized inorganic acids, such as phosphates and silicates, to protect a cooling system against rust and corrosion. Over time, however, inorganic inhibitors deplete and may no longer provide maximum cooling system protection. This is why it is generally recommended that conventional coolants be changed every 2 years or 24,000 miles.

In contrast, OAT coolants are formulated with neutralized organic acids to form a highly effective corrosion inhibitor system that provides maximum cooling system protection. Organic inhibitors do not deplete as quickly as the inorganic inhibitors used in conventional coolants. This is why properly formulated OAT coolants are able to provide up to 150,000 miles or 5 years of cooling system protection between service intervals."
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Unabomber; 02-18-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Unabomber is offline   Reply With Quote