Scooby Guru

Member#: 2272
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2019 Macan 4cyl
1993 Impreza FWD WRX swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homemade WRX View Post
I can't wait to unlift the bugeye I recently purchased. It's on 98 Fozzy struts/springs and that's it. Handles like doo-doo for various reasons because of it. Suspension geometry is all whack.
The 98-01 stuff isn't as solid as say a 04 FXT suspension. But also with the Forester springs, it will not handle as well as if it were using the WRX or some STI springs (although I suspect those struts are probably blown anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn in Concepts View Post
If you swap in 02-07 rear tophats into an older car the holes should really be slotted instead of a new hole added. Without the use of a spacer back there and with only one new hole drilled the tophat will not fit.

Something like this.

I'm not sure I feel comfortable recommending people to modify ALL three bolt holes on each side... That makes it 3x more likely for a novice to permanently ruin their chassis.

Drilling one hole was somewhat difficult enough, but I understand why the slotting make sense, since it keeps the tophat centered and supported by the "hub-centric" type hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jard View Post
If you have 02 -03 style rear struts, you need the TiC spacer to run the GC rear tops.
Does that apply to Forester struts as well?

I need more info on this for sure.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote