View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #69
VR4Impreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 78818
Vehicle:
'06 Forester XS
'11 Outback 2.5i

As for the solenoid, I tend to agree with ptirmal.. it can be a PITA to get it right, I have had the release work then a few weeks later, I hear teh "pop" and it doesn't release. What I did finally was take a short length of firm wire (clothes hanger) and bent it to attach to the trunk release sid. then I attached to solenoid to that, it makes it easier to adjust outside of that little space.

As for the 3rd press wire.... I didn't even know the car did that ... (so of course I just ran outside and tried, cool) but as stated it would set off your alarm, plus I like the fact that doors are unlocked... Also I HATED the dual stage lock, I was actually searching on how to defeat that, when I thought hmmm then I'll have an extra wire with a pulse... sure would like a remote trunk release....

As for the parts, they all look good, be careful with the double plug however, I ordered a couple (not sure from where, probably ebay) and they share a pos wire lead, so just be sure you plan on running your other relay off the same power source...

For the part of not using the cig lighter.... also the cig lighter shuts off with ignition (GREAT feature for my XM install, instant auto on-off) not so good for a power source to use when the car is off.

Sorry for the longwinded replies, hope everything helps.... feel free to ask more questions.. glad I can give back a mod after receiving so many GREAT ideas and help from NASIOC.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
VR4Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote