F1EA
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 448622
Vehicle:
2019 STI SportTech
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyRobber View Post
Sorry for pseudo venting in this thread. Only reason I commented was because I bought my car with the exact same "OEM+" intentions as OP. I'm pretty sure I'm in the unlucky minority that have had freak failures like mine. My last Subaru was a stock block WRX that I beat the heck out of and it took it like a champ. Still trying to figure out exactly what failed and how with my STi. Oh well, the joy of Subaru ownership
Haha yeah a lot of people start with those intentions; but that's the game. Modifying can be really fun, but also heart breaking. In the end, you modified the car and it went out. And the modifications were kind of serious. Not extreme, but... more than just some innocuous little bits. Pay to play.

I'd do the same if I had an RA. Mostly stock (maybe catback, suspension and wheels, etc), that's how they'll keep their value and appeal... unless you don't care about any of that, then go for the send.

By the way, here's some info/numbers on the RA/2019 stock block: https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2892143

Long term at such power levels? We shall see. But pretty sure they'll be fine at stock powers....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by F1EA; 05-12-2019 at 08:44 PM.
F1EA is online now   Reply With Quote