Scooby Newbie

Member#: 183647
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
06 WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by xluben
I think this turbo looks great. Probably better than any other stock location turbo in terms of spool vs. power. But the cost seems like a bit of a sticking point. I'm assuming this turbo will cost somewhere between $1500-1800 or so. I really have no idea, but I would guess it's in the same range as a stock location Blouch, ATP, etc.

This is fine. But then you have to consider it will probably be another $1500 or so for the downpipe and uppipe from Full Race. While I'm sure they are excellent items, it is a large cost to stomach. Especially for someone who already has an aftermarket downpipe and uppipe installed.

If you're going to pay $3000 or more, then why not just go rotated for a rotated (possibly twin scroll setup). I guess it all comes down to how much you value spool and how much top end you want. I honestly really want this powerband. I just think it would make more sense to go rotated and leave my options open. Would this turbo fit into a Full Race rotated setup and allow for easy upgrade in the future?
The Efr up pipe for the single scroll probably only 300 to 400 Max and downpipe depending catted or not should be no more that 500 most people get vband down pipes custom anyway.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SUBARIFFIC is offline   Reply With Quote