IveBeenRued
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 305466
Vehicle:
2012 Sport Limited
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSmithers84 View Post
Ok so I ordered the Motive Products 0117 Ford/Import 3-Tab Power Bleeder Black Label. I am interested in any other "equipment I may need to get the job done right.

Do you guys use a special bleeder wrench, or just your normal wrenches?

Where do I get rid of the old brake fluid?

Any recommendations on new brake fluid for my 2012 2.0i? Also amount of new fluid I should purchase.

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else, but it's hard to locate the info unless it's in the title.

Thanks in advance!
Just a normal wrench, I forget the size.

Brake fluid can be disposed of with your used oil anywhere that used oil is accepted.

You can use whatever DOT3 or DOT4 fluid you wish. I use Castrol GT LMA DOT4. Just get a quart and you will have plenty to spare.

BTW if you want to save some money you can return your Power Bleeder and just get a simple http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0143-Hydraulic-Bleeder/dp/B000MXW2EM/ref=pd_sim_auto_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0BRYD0ZGJF2ZB2BGPEXK which are available for $16 off of Amazon. They are cheap and simple to use. You can do a full brake fluid flush in about 20-30 minutes by yourself without having to worry about getting the proper master cylinder adapter-plate or getting a good seal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
IveBeenRued is offline   Reply With Quote